Many lessons from this first quick sail.
- She sails quickly due to very little resistance
- The mast seems to be very good as it is.
- The lines used are not good because they stretched, causing the gaff boom to lower, causing the sail to lose its good form. I have to find a good line and add some cleats so there is a place to tighten the line.
- the center point of the sail is too far forward relative to the position of the leeboard, making it very hard to sail close to the wind and tack.
- The leeboard on rope is not handy. I want to tack and just leave the leeboard where is. The boat does not heel so it is not necessary to change the position of the leeboard. A bracket to hold the bracket on two places, maybe such that it can be rotated backwards when needed, like when beaching.
- longer oars are needed, already ordered 7.5' ones, and a manner to fix them when not in use.